Saturday 19th October
9.30 till 16.30
173-177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
Johnson, Trump & The International Far-right: How do we unite to defeat them?
Speakers include: Gary Younge, Journalist • Miguel Roldan, Spanish firefighter • Louise Raw, author • Richard Burgon MP • Emma Dent Coad MP • Alex Mayer MEP • Claude Moraes MEP • Julie Ward MEP • Jean Lambert, Green Party • Mark Serwotka, PCS General Secretary • Kevin Courtney Joint General Secretary NEU • Tony Kearns Deputy General Secretary (postal) CWU • Jane Loftus, CWU Vice President • Nita Sanghera UCU Vice President • Anas Altikriti, Muslim Association of Britain • Ged Grebby, Show Racism the Red Card Chief Executive • Mohammed Kozbar, Finsbury Park Mosque Chairman • Unmesh Desai, GLA Member, Labour, City and East London • Damien Gayle, Journalist • Ben Chacko, Morning Star editor • Rakhia Ismail, Islington Councillor • Gerry Gable, Editor/Publisher, Searchlight • Sabby Dhalu and Weyman Bennett, Stand Up To Racism
- Challenging the rise of racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism
- Windrush, Grenfell, deaths in custody – The fight for justice
- Reporting racism – The media and the growth of racist ideas
- Solidarity forever – Refugees and migrants welcome here
- A coordinated international movement against Trumpism & the far-right
- Love Music Hate Racism – culture & the anti-racist movement
- Fighting Islamophobia in the age of Boris Johnson
SHU UNISON Branch has passed a motion supporting the conference and have agreed to pay for two delegates from the branch to attend (paying for tickets and transport down – there is a Sheffield coach going down)
If you would like to attend please email both Lucinda Wakefield ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ana Yousaf (email@example.com) as soon as possible so that we can book tickets and coach seats in good time.