Last week you will all hopefully have received through the post a ballot paper for you to vote in OUR union’s General Secretary elections.
In a member-led union, UNISON encourages you to be heard and to have a say in who you think should be our next General Secretary.
SHU UNISON have nominated Paul Holmes for General Secretary because:
- Members of the Branch know him through his regional work in South Yorkshire:
- Paul has the best record of leadership and fighting for members.
- Paul is the members’ candidate, from the shop floor.
- Paul will take the job on his current wage of £32,000, declining the £138,000 available.
- Paul will massively increase funding to branches so we can support you better.
- Paul has a track-record of winning disputes and elections, other candidates do not.
- Paul’s leadership will be inclusive, developing talents from across our whole union and involving retired members.
- Paul is popular across UNISON and can win.
The Ballot will run from 28th October until 27th November 2020.
The ballot is postal-only. Make sure you vote!