There are two ways to join UNISON.
- Complete the application form and return to UNISON, Sheffield Hallam University Branch, STP, Suite 16, Cooper Buildings, Arundel Street, Sheffield, S1 2NS.
If you join this way, your subs will be paid through your salary.
If you join this way, your subs will be paid via direct debit.
If you would like to talk to us about joining UNISON at SHU then please contact us.(http://unisonshu.org.uk/contacts/).
If you join UNISON at Sheffield Hallam University, you are adding your voice to that of hundreds of your colleagues. This boosts the credibility and strength of the Branch when we engage in negotiation and consultation with our employer.
Why not join us on Wednesday 5 December in the Arundel Room, Millennium Gallery.
Are you coming up to retirement?
Do you know that you can continue to get benefits of being a UNISON member after you leave SHU? All for a flat rate of £15 what a bargain!
As a retired member you would still have access to UNISON Welfare and UNISON Legal Services as well as receiving special rates or increased benefits from UNISON’s service providers.
You just need to have been a member for at least 2 years and to apply within 2 years of retiring from SHU and to be either be getting a pension or have reached the state pension age.
Download retired membership form
Assertiveness Workshop 9 November 2018
This one day workshop will help you to:
• Understand the meaning of assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour,
• Consider the nature and impact of behaviour on ourselves and on others,
• Practise a more assertive approach to a range of situations,
• Speak with more confidence.
Cost to Branch: FREE
Member Learning Weekend – 24-25 November 2018
(apply by 22 October 2018, places subject to availability)
1 night Residential at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Leeds
Cost to branches: FREE
Download an application form at:- http://www.unison-yorks.org.uk/education.html. Application forms must then be approved by your branch; please email email@example.com.
Fri 7 December 2018 (Apply by: 5 November 2018)
Non-residential at UNISON Regional Centre, Commerce House, Leeds
This workshop, run by True Bearing Chartered, will make you aware of your choices and aid you in your decision making around retirement.
Is this workshop for me?
If you are retiring imminently or considering retiring within the next 18 months and want to be informed of the issues affecting your retirement you need to plan for your next phase of life.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
• Create your own route path from the world of work to the world of retirement,
• Identify changes in both pensions and financial regulations which will affect your retirement decisions,
• Identify the long term issues affecting your retirement,
• Identify personal and lifestyle actions which will help to improve your retirement,
• Start the process of planning for a successful retirement.
At True Bearing Chartered we can provide you with comprehensive independent financial advice to improve your financial security.
Cost to Branches: £10
If you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Struggling to make ends meet? Worried about back to school costs? Help is on hand.
We have set up a limited fund to help UNISON members on low income with school uniform costs. You could be eligible for a one-off payment of up to £120.
The closing date for applications is 21 July 2017.
Find out more and apply for help.
Pre-retirement workshops – spaces available
Are you retiring or considering retiring in the next 18 months? Join our workshop and prepare for the next stage of your life.
Learn how to
- create your own path from the world of work to the world of retirement
- identify changes in pensions and financial regulations which will affect your retirement decisions
- identify the long term issues affecting your retirement
- identify personal and lifestyle actions which will help to improve your retirement
- start the process of planning for a successful retirement
We have spaces available at the following pre-retirement workshops.
Friday, 28 April 2017
Friday, 8 December 2017
Both workshops run from 9.30am to 4.30pm in Leeds.
If you’re interested in attending, please email T.Shearer@unison.co.uk
Making a will is important, whatever your age. If you don’t leave a will, the law decides how your possessions are passed on – and it might not be what you had in mind.
But making a will can be an expensive business, typically costing between £150 and £300 with a solicitor.
Luckily, as a UNISON member you and your family are entitled to make a will free of charge. Simply fill in the simple online form and download your will at the end.
Find out more and make your will today.